Sunday, August 31, 2008

alright. i've found a new love in my cloth diapering world. FLATS!!! and what am i using for this new-found love? MY RECEIVING BLANKETS!!! that's right, folks, i'm using abby's receiving blankets!!! and it's great!!! AND i get to use my wool as actual soakers now too!!! (too bad i just sold off a ton of it!) anyway, for those interested, here's how it works:

Step 1: lay receiving blanket flat on floor.



Step 2: Fold blanket in half.



Step 3: Fold blanket in half again.



Step 4: Take top corner and pull so you have a triangle shape on top of your blanket.



Posted by Picasa


Step 5: Flip entire thing over so that the triangle point is on the right.



Step 6: Take the left sides and start folding them in little sections a little at a time...



Step 7: ...keep folding in sections...



Step 8: ...and one last fold. You have now created the absorbent part of your diaper. You could add a hemp insert in between the folds if you like. I have to do that with Abigail because she's such a heavy pee-er!

Posted by Picasa


Step 9. Fold the bottom up about 2/3 of the way up. This creates your "pocket" for poop and stuff!



Step 10. Take the right wing and fold in.



Step 11: Take the left wing and fold in.



Step 12. There's your diaper! I've knotted it here but when it's on a baby, you'd pin it.

Posted by Picasa


and here it is (with a different blanket) on Abigail!!!!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Jill! But, uh, my motto with cloth diapering has always been "no pins ever!!!", so I'd like the blueberries for this week, thanks. :)

Katie

Erin said...

haha...I love Katie's comments! ;-) You are quite the adventurous one! Looks cool!

Shelly said...

So cool. Thanks, I found your link on DS. I am also a Georgia Mama. I live on Lookout Mtn.