1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
paper - definitely
2. Real tree or artificial?
3. When do you put up the tree?
I wish the day after Thanksgiving. no choice about that!
4. When do you take the tree down?
The day after new years.
5. Do you like eggnog?
it's the most disgusting stuff in the world!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
honestly, i'm not sure. i don't have a "stand out" favorite one...wierd...
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Easiest person to buy for?
right now? abigail!!!
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received?
hmmmm....refer to question 6
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
in my family, we have a couple traditions that HAVE to be watched at least twice during the season: White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (the new one), The Young Messiah, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolph (and the island of the misfit toys!!). those were in no particular order.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
uh....well.....whenever i get around to it. this year? not happening at all!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
probably somewhere along the line
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Meemaw rolls when we get to GA! (gotta go with Trish on this one!)
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
clear....as a kid i liked colored but now i can't stand them!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
any from The Young Messiah (which is basically The Messiah a little more contemporary-like)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
now that i'm married, travel
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph. (trish, i'm disappointed.)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
i grew up with an angel, but right now we have a cross
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
christmas morning....but we used to do ONE present christmas eve
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
hmmm...i'm gonna go with stupid people the day after thanksgiving that think they have to be horribly mean to others just to get something at a discount.
23. What is the 'corniest' family tradition you do, or miss doing?
growing up, the first night our tree was up, we would sleep in front of it on palattes on the floor and sing 2 songs: "if it doesn't snow on christmas" and "i like to turn the lights all out". we didn't do it this year....and i really missed it!!
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented?
too many to name right now!
25. Which looks best theme trees or homey trees?
family tree all the way! there's nothing better than reliving memories with all the handmade ornaments from when we were kids!
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies?
i actually like both -- but this time of year i'll go with gingerbread
27. Do you like Fruitcake?
Nope. refer to question 5