Friday, January 05, 2007

whew! it's territorial band/songsters weekend and all i have to say is that i am completely exhausted!!!! we started yesterday morning at 8:30 and went until about 8:00. this morning we started at 8:30 and finished at 5:00. but man! these rehearsals kill me! i love doing them, though! i love that i get to sing "for real". not that my home corps' songsters aren't real....it's just different with territorial songsters. plus, i get to see people that i don't normally! (hey connie!)

yesterday, during the lunch break, i went to get a chiropractic adjustment - which i do quite frequently...and have been for 4 years now. but this adjustment was particularly hard. when he adjusted the left side of my neck, it made the biggest cracking noise i had ever heard in the 4 years of adjustments i have under my belt! even my doctor said, "WHOA!" it hurt a bit, but i didnt' think much about it. just that maybe i really needed that!

as i was walking out the door, my aunt (who went with me) noticed that my right eye was extremely bloodshot. as time went on, it got worse and even went over to my left eye. my face was also burning hot - and bright red. i got a little nervous so i decided to call my doctor back, just in case that harsh crack had something to do with it. so i call....

...he says to me, "oh, you need to come back right now. i need to make sure you aren't have a stroke. have someone drive you here."

yeah - i'm freaking out!!! i'm sorry, did you just say A STROKE??? so i get there. he's doing all these neurological tests on me (follow my finger with your eyes; can you smell?; are you dizzy?; make your tongue follow my fingers; etc). he rules out a stroke (thank god!) but says, "well, sometimes harsh adjustments can make your body have a sudden energy surge. that's what happened with you. and when the energy surged in your body, it made you have a hot flash."

so there ya go. crises averted. but it made for some serious panic in the snelson household!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.