a few facts on EMETOPHOBIA (http://www.emetophobia.org/default.asp)
i have finally found a word describing a fear that i have had all my life. here are a few facts:
1. EMETOPHOBIA is an excessive or irrational fear of vomiting or of being around other who are vomiting.
2. It is one of the most common specific phobias.
3. On average, it is suggested that most emetophobics have been sick five or fewer times in their lives. (i've thrown up twice.)
4. Emetophobics are known to go to great lengths to avoid people who may be sick or where a threat of infection is perceived.
5. Nearly all Emetophobics will practice eating habits that may seem strange if noticed by non-Emetophobics, ranging from pickiness to superstitions about foods to anorexia.
6. Emetophobics can suffer from pervasive anxiety and/or depression.
...at least i'm not the only one!!!!!